The documented evaluation of stress on the human body has a large body of data. From medications and supplements addressing the deleterious effects of stress, the options to manage stress can be a cause of stress itself!
We know of the imbalances created by chronic stress on the adrenal glands, the thyroid, the production of hormones, the digestive system, immunity, and so on. We know too, that modern stress originates from mental preoccupations, rather than actual threats to our survival.
Options to manage stress can be a cause of stress itself!
Addressing stress can feel simple when approached with simple solutions.
- Movement increases circulation, supporting cardiac health.
- Inspiring the regulation of cortisol into a healthy balance of metabolites (not clearing cortisol too slowly or quickly).
- Decrease of insulin resistance. Improved insulin receptivity.
- Communication enhancement of all neurotransmitter and hormonal interactions and signaling.
- Hydration allows for proper muscle function, supporting movement, breathing, and peristalsis (bowel movements).
- Hormonal fluidity and fluxes can require more water intake (puberty, PMS, menopause, PPD, etc.)
- Proper voiding of wastes and immune support.
- Anti-aging action via the actions of antioxidant activity during sleep.
- Lowered response to pain, aggravations, and circumstances outside personal control.
- Heightened response to information, pleasantries, and perception of opportunities.
- Better balance of DHEA conjugations and overall hormonal health and fertility.
And perhaps, one of the most overlooked solutions:
Faith arises from the ability to be present, realistic, and accepting of self and life.
Faith involves more than an idea or a concept, it is a biological choice of empowerment that opens the way to making better choices and decisions. Faith arises from the ability to be present, realistic, and accepting of self and life. With faith, we are able to eat the foods that nourish rather than satisfying base urges, connect to people and develop meaningful relationships, enjoy work matters and find the rainbow in any urban setting.
Actions of faith can differ from person to person yet meditation, prayer (religious or not), community participation, and an open spirit of empathy (read about Spirituality in a Bottle) are acts that people can choose to spend time in to foster faith.