After 20 full days and embarking on the 21st, you may have noticed a few shifts or perhaps lapses. It can be quite easy to lose track of chewing to 30 or until the food is fully masticated. You may have also noticed a shift in your… bowel movements.
Other observations may include:
- some foods take much more than 30 chews
- some mouthfuls are next to impossible to truly chew 30 times.
- bowel movements are smoother
- people tease you to ‘chew your water’
- enhanced patience when eating
- an increase in energy
- feeling satiated with meals
You may not have noticed much of a difference at all -aside from meals taking longer to eat. This point is especially essential as that we often seek fast solutions for problems. The gift of chewing well is not something that can be readily observed and on one hand fits right in with healthy and sustainable living.