You’ve been looking at and reading Lifestyle Naturopathy blog posts, you feel almost ready to connect and make an appointment, but what does it take to be truly ready? You need to know these 9 things to be truly ready.
- Be ready to change. New Year’s Eve resolutions have fallen to the wayside by March 4th, promises made in the morning are dismissed when the afternoon rolls around and the scent of cinnamon buns is strolling through the air, yesterday’s hopes of hitting the gym fade as the day progresses… Booking a consultation with a naturopath isn’t about resolutions, promises or hopes. It’s about real plans that reflect reachable goals.
- Keep up a positive attitude. Most people fear change. Changing pushes comfort levels and for good reason; not every change in the past has met the wants to live the life you’ve dreamt of. However, booking a session with a naturopath is aimed at keeping a realistic vision and laying down a path to meet those goals.
- Be ready to talk about everything. Your naturopath will ask about all the minutiae of your life. Bowel movements, current and past addictions, old traumas, surgeries, emotional issues, eating problems, family history, bad habits; the more that your naturopath has to work with the better you can be served.
- Write down the questions you have. This allows you to be able to own and be responsible for yourself. By asking questions it shows your willingness and curiosity and will make the relationship with your naturopath healthier and balanced.
- Expect to learn. Your naturopath is a teacher. It can be helpful to make notes in your sessions and review your notes and write-ups before each session.
- Be open-minded. Fermentation, supplementation, reflexology, meditation, sound healing, and nutritive tests might be out of the mainstream but can yield powerful results.
- Don’t make demands. Your naturopath is a human not a magician. It’s one thing to have a goal, it’s another to have an unshakeable idea of what you want.
- Keep a journal of your progress. By relaying your achievements to your naturopath, you allow for greater progress to occur. This allows for both you and your naturopath to see when you are ready to move deeper into your wellness plan.
- Don’t Wait. Waiting leads to forgetting and continuing to live old bad habits that got you away from your goals. Book now and get started sooner than later.