The saying that ‘this too, shall pass’ comes with great wisdom. Change brings new responsibilities and can feel scary, but accepting life on life’s terms permits a sense of excitement and inner growth.
However, what about the times when change isn’t happening? When faced with health concerns that linger despite following well-intentioned advice, the weight of frustration may feel unbearable. Depression, weight changes, anxiety, obsessive thinking, fatigue, inflammation, and chronic pain can persist for far too long. When a client comes to Lifestyle Naturopathy with these complaints, several tests can shine the light on understanding the body and implementing simple adjustments can result in feeling better, confident to move forward on a healing path.
- Analyzing Food Sensitivities. If the foods you eat contribute to an immune response that leads to inflammation, identifying those foods and making dietary modifications can allow for the gut, body, and mind to heal.
- Checking Hormonal Balance. Influences on the endocrine system such as stress, pollution, age, genetics, and sleep can be addressed once hormonal excesses and deficiencies have been checked.
- Vitamin D Levels. Ensuring that your levels are monitored and maintained throughout the year.
- Heavy Metal Analysis. Exposure to heavy metals can affect the whole body in a multitude of ways. From our drinking water, our occupations, our homes, city living, art and craft supplies, our bodies are subjected to a plethora of substances that, over time, can prove detrimental.
- Adequate Fatty Acids. Taking omega 3 fatty acids may not be enough. Checking the ratios of various fatty acids can show where an imbalance may be.
- Evaluating Bowel Health. Parasites are a real risk. Testing stools can show whether or not your microbiota is looking properly balanced.
Awareness of what is happening in your body allows for acceptance, which in turn creates the trust of developing a new naturopathic protocol that can lead to truly feeling better, having the energy to live the life you dream of, and maintaining a lifestyle that enhances mood and positivity.