The human body can dance in a choreographed healing of utter beauty. Like the mending that occurs following a physical wound to the skin, the spirit repairs the emotional wounds. Our bodies require the building blocks of amino-acids, minerals, fatty acids and co-factors to generate the tissue needed; likewise our emotional component requires the loving present support of those who care. Connection is fundamental in healing. Without the proper intervention we may suffer needlessly; which, does not mean that we ought to blame ourselves, but simply that until we obtain the care required, that the effects of the damage can be felt and coped with for a very long time.
**our emotional component requires the loving present support of those who care**
Coping mechanisms save lives; but they do not heal.
Lifestyle Naturopathy recognizes that every individual carries pain. Pain: physical, emotional, spiritual and mental manifests physiologically; this means that for every registered abuse, from parental neglect, bullying, childhood sexual abuse (including incest), social and school anxiety, rejections, deaths, accidents, violence and any other circumstances beyond the scope of our ability to handle in an effective and conclusive way will scar deeply. The physiological effects run deep, every emotion felt derives from a molecular component produced which communicates to our cells. Our cells are alive. Our sentient wholeness comes from the synergistic life of our whole bodies, not simply the electrical impulses of our brain or heart.
When we use food, alcohol, drugs, sex/porn, avoidance, extreme sports/violence, sugar, friends/family/colleagues (co-dependence), or any other substance or behaviour to change our connection to our feelings we prevent our innate movement towards healing.
**we seek to add to your professional support team**
Lifestyle Naturopathy seeks to direct the attention and awareness to these coping mechanisms. Healing addictions is outside the scope of our services, but we seek to add to your professional support team. Stress management, lifestyle and food choices, learning about your specific physiological needs through testing and relaxation via reflexology define some of the modalities used to support each individual to discover their potential, trust their bodies and gain the health and energy needed to reach their goals!
We can and we do heal and recover!
For long term viable support of addictions, professional support is required. The ‘therapeutic value of one addict helping another is without parallel’ and 12 Step groups serve as a meeting ground of equals.
Wikipedia lists these groups:
• AA – Alcoholics Anonymous
• ACA – Adult Children of Alcoholics
• Al-Anon/Alateen, for friends and families of alcoholics
• CA – Cocaine Anonymous
• CLA – Clutterers Anonymous
• CMA – Crystal Meth Anonymous
• Co-Anon, for friends and family of addicts
• CoDA – Co-Dependents Anonymous, for people working to end patterns of dysfunctional relationships and develop functional and healthy relationships
• COSA – an auxiliary group of Sex Addicts Anonymous
• COSLAA – CoSex and Love Addicts Anonymous
• DA – Debtors Anonymous
• EA – Emotions Anonymous, for recovery from mental and emotional illness
• FA – Families Anonymous, for relatives and friends of addicts
• FA – Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous
• FAA – Food Addicts Anonymous
• GA – Gamblers Anonymous
• Gam-Anon/Gam-A-Teen, for friends and family members of problem gamblers
• HA – Heroin Anonymous
• MA – Marijuana Anonymous
• NA – Narcotics Anonymous
• N/A – Neurotics Anonymous, for recovery from mental and emotional illness
• Nar-Anon, for friends and family members of addicts
• NicA – Nicotine Anonymous
• OA – Overeaters Anonymous
• OLGA – Online Gamers Anonymous
• PA – Pills Anonymous, for recovery from prescription pill addiction.
• PAA – Porn Addicts Anonymous
• SA – Sexaholics Anonymous
• SA – Smokers Anonymous
• SAA – Sex Addicts Anonymous
• SCA – Sexual Compulsives Anonymous
• SIA – Survivors of Incest Anonymous
• SLAA – Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous
• SRA – Sexual Recovery Anonymous
• UA – Underearners Anonymous
• WA – Workaholics Anonymous